Busy times around here...getting ready for some holiday weekend camping. Making lists and checking them twice. Lots of playdates. Cleaning and household chores. Normal everyday stuff.
This afternoon we went to the park with Michelle and her sweet little girls. Max brought "Daisy" along. Daisy is VERY precious to him. He was even giving her swing rides on the playground.
The sun has been showing her face around here, but it's still cool - lots of windy breezes. But it's not enough to deter my little man from water fun in the back yard. He was trying out the new slip and slide all yesterday afternoon. I couldn't believe how long he lasted playing in that COLD water. I think the fact that it's a "racing" slip and slide complete with checkered flag had something to do with him ignoring the cold.
I'm off to review and finalize my camping lists...
the Grocery List,
the Family Clothing Lists,
the Household Supplies List, (stuff we take from the house)
the Max Activies List which includes sand/beach toys, inside toys/activities in case of rain and toys/activities for the drive to keep him occupied.
and finally, the Miscellaneous List (for everything not listed in the above categories.
I think I've got it covered.
And finally if you're wondering about that last photo...someone got into much mischief with a red marker while I was on the phone for all of 10 minutes. He markered a little play chair in red marker. The entire chair was "glistening" with the wet red ink when I discovered it. And then I think he had been doing "finger painting" because you could see all these swirly designs on the seat of the chair. Which explains why his palms were entirely red when I discovered him. And there was marker on the carpet too. I managed to get it out thankfully. And yes. I snapped a photo of this moment in time. (This was after we had done some scrubbing with soap and water...it was not easy to get off.) I tried not to laugh when I saw him. Wasn't very successful with that though. Couldn't help myself. You see - this is very out of character for him. I can count on one hand how many times he has done something mischevious like this. I still don't know why he did it. He doesn't like talking about it when I ask him. When he saw this photo he covered his eyes with his hands and ran away. Then he came back and told me he didn't like that picture. Hmmmm...maybe a bit embarrassed?!
2 comments:
So you say that Max is Keith's son & rarely gets into mischeif eh? Maybe this is the beginning of somehting NEW for him - I sure hope so - you need a little more excitement in your life! Like the time Emily used RED nail polish as lotion & lotioned up her legs with it. Red marker doesn't sound so bad now huh? Have a good day!
Jane
Hey Patti, you brought back lots of memories for me in your listing of what you need to pack to take camping! When the kids were little we went camping for 10 to 12 days with them every summer. Gary used to get so upset with me because he said I took everything except the kitchen sink (would have welcomed that luxury too!). We took the pickup truck and it was jam packed right up to the top of the cap. You never know what you'll need, right?!?!??!
I love the picture of Max with the red hands....what a sweetie!!!
Anita N.
Post a Comment