




First of all, please excuse the terrible photo's. Church lighting combined with a time of 6:00pm and a grey gloomy day and well... it's the perfect recipe for bad pics when I'm the one taking them. Regardless, I still wanted to share them.
Max's music instructor Nadine, hosted a concert for all of her students at a local church last night. There were three age groups - Preschool, Advanced Preschool and Kindergarten. Each of the age groups took a turn performing in front of the audience on the xylophones as well as using other hand held instruments, singing with actions (and gusto!) and using the musical note hand signs. It was absolutely adorable! Max was extremely excited about the night. He was not shy. He loved performing. Complete opposite of his little friend Nuala. She was quite nervous about it. Those two made sure they stuck tight beside each other all night.
Max's class performed "Who Built the Ark" on the Xylophones. Then they sang the "Peanut Butter & Jelly" song - so much fun! At the end all the kids sang a few songs together and finished off with "Turn on the Sun". So appropriate considering we are all desperately in need of it out here. Very catchy little song that I found myself humming throughout the day today.
As a little girl, at my concerts and/or special programs,I remember that my mom used to be so disappointed when she couldn't see me (I was short so it was pretty easy to be hidden behind another kid). I could never really figure out why it was such a big deal to her. Now I know....my little guy is short and when he's in a big crowd...it's easy for him to be hidden. Don't even say it....I know I know - another glimpse that I'm turning into my mom. LOL!
After the concert, the three of us finished up with a little celebration dinner at The Whitespot. :-)
Turn on the Sun
Turn on the Sun
Light up the World
Tell Everyone
Bad times are out
Good times are in
Turn on the Sun
Let's smile again!
2 comments:
very cool!!! way to go Max!!!
Leapster for Christmas in 2007, drum set for 2008.
Donna
Post a Comment