Monday, March 10, 2008

Reality Check




Nothing like flying back to grey rainy skies and cooler temps to give you a reality check. Oiye. (Although I shouldn't complain, should I Ontario? At least we don't have snow!)

We arrived back home last night. Had a WONDERFUL vacation. It was busy with not very much down-time but it was still relaxing and we had FANTASTIC weather. (Shorts and t-shirt weather anyone?!) Here's a brief overview of where we went:

We flew to Las Vegas on Friday, Feb 29 and spent about 3 days there. Now, Vegas is not really our cup of tea in the whole scheme of things and not a place we'd particularly choose to vacation. However, we were there for the Nascar Race and a wedding. One of the guys that Keith works with got married there the same weekend as the race (no, it was not a coincidence!). The wedding was very beautiful and the Nascar race was a blast.

Monday morning the three of us headed to California. Can you guess why? We spent the next 4 days in Anaheim enjoying Disneyland. Disney is so much fun. Magical! Max just loves it. And we love being there with him as he soaks it all in.

Thursday afternoon we headed to Arizona to the Grand Canyon. WOW. It is truly spectacular. I had trouble grasping how vast and enormous and grand it really is. If you can believe this, I didn't even feel like taking photo's of it because there's no way you can even begin to do justice to it. A bit overwhelming for sure.

Sunday morning (yesterday) we left Grand Canyon bright and early and drove back to Vegas to fly home. Back to grey skies. Definately a shock to the system.

I haven't had a chance to go through my photo's yet. I'm planning to make more detailed blog entries with lots of photo's. But it will have to wait for a bit.

Sadly, while we were on vacation, we found out that my uncle passed away quite suddenly this past Friday morning. Max and I are flying back to Ontario (yes - to the place where all the snow and cold is...ugh! Make it go away!) for the funeral. We are flying out late tonight and taking a red-eye to Toronto. Arriving early on Tuesday morning where I think my sweet sister is picking us up. At least I hope she's picking us up. Someone will I'm sure. The funeral is Tuesday afternoon. I haven't booked our return flights yet but I'm thinking we'll probably end up staying for about a week before we fly back home. Keith is staying back here in BC to man the fort and keep the home fires burning. Oh, and there's also the little factor that he has a job to look after.

So without further ado, I need to finish some laundry and start repacking our suitcases and make some phone calls and finish booking flights. It'll be quiet here for the next week or so until we return. Then be prepared for lots of photo's!!

1 comment:

jenn said...

awesome pics...

so sorry about you uncle!! :(

wouldn't you know it, your back in Ontario and I'm leaving tomorrow for a hockey tourney ;) I'm back late friday night... if your still around saturday...call

xo