Sunday, March 23, 2008

Welcome Spring!





We're back. The three of us are all together again. In the same country. Province. House. It's the best feeling of all. The best!

Max and I flew home late on Wednesday evening. Keith picked us up at the airport at 1:00am on Thursday morning. It was a bit of a rough flight for us. About 1 hour before we left my parents to head for the airport, Max came down with an instant headcold. It came out of nowhere. Sneezing, coughing, runny nose, croaky throat. And it just got worse fast. By the time we were up in the air it actually developed into stomach flu so he was throwing up. Not a restful flight. It seemed like time was standing still while we were up in the air. We couldn't land soon enough to suit me. Thankfully, his cold left as fast as it arrived. Thursday all day he was hanging out on the couch resting. But by Friday morning he was pretty much back to his normal little self.

So I have to say that I'm not really missing the snow and cold weather in Ontario. LOL! What a rude shock to the system when we arrived. Eeeek! I couldn't believe the snow banks! Wowzers. It's interesting how you adapt and adjust though. By the end of my visit I wasn't shivering quite so much...but oh the joy of arriving home to 10+ degrees. The cherry trees are blooming here as well as my daffodils, hyacinths and crocus's.

Both of our computers have been giving us major headaches. I think Keith was able to fix some of the problems last night. Thankful that I can access and edit photo's again. Just out of curiousity, does anyone have Vista and like it? It has caused us nothing but problems. I'm ready to get rid of it and install our old Windows XP on the new computer. Our old clunker of a computer is faster than our new computer. How bizarre is that? It's frustrating to say the least.

Over the next few days I'll be posting lots of photo's - from Nascar, Disneyland and the Grand Canyon. Unfortunately I left one of my memory cards in Ontario. I think it's getting mailed to me... but there might be a bit of a delay before I can post photo's from Ontario.

Photo's above - the crocus's are in my backyard. The other photo's were taken at Park & Tilford Gardens yesterday. I was messing around with the picture of Max (he's standing in front of a water fountain which is makes up the blue background) - I know the colours are a bit "brilliant" but I kinda like how it turned out.

1 comment:

jenn said...

ugh i know the maxter feels...i'm so jealous of spring...i want spring here...makes me want to move man!!!