





We went on a little investigative road trip this weekend (Saturday & Sunday). Drove on over to Kelowna which is about four hours away from where we are living now. Starting to feel the countdown for our upcoming move this summer to the Okanagan. So this weekend all we did was drive around and check out the various neighbourhoods. Just so we'd get an idea of where they are location wise to the office that Keith will be working out of. And we wanted to see what the schools looked like and try to get a feel for Kelowna. We spent alot of time in our truck driving around. Max did really good. We tried to break up our car time with meals, playground time and some mini-golfing and then some swimming time at our hotel pool. It worked out pretty good! And if you can believe it, I even ran into someone I used to work with back in the day when I was at Gallivan. So random - What a small world! The photo's above are from the little jaunt. First photo was taken on the Coquihalla Hwy. When the weather's nice....it's a beautiful drive. When the weather's not nice, You DO NOT want to be travelling on this road. Fortunately, we had nice weather. :-) Remember, if you want to see more detail in a photo - just double click on it. So what was the verdict this weekend? Well at least we now know a bit of where the neighbourhoods are located and what they're like...I guess our next step will be to contact a realtor and then let the craziness begin. It probably will be a few weeks before we do that though.
It's been a busy and productive day so far. This morning marks the beginning of swimming lessons for the Maxter. They're at 9:00am so it forces us to get up early and be organized at the beginning of the week. I think it's going to work out well because after lessons are over, it's a hop, skip & a jump to get to the Superstore. So we got our grocery shopping over and done with as well. And I managed to get in two lengthy phone calls with Ontario friends this morning. Pretty good for a Monday morning around here! This afternoon Max is starting music lessons. The program is through Kodaly Orff Music for Children. He's going with one of his best friends - Nuala. Max is so excited about it. I can't help but wonder if his excitement stems from the actual music class or the fact that Nuala will be there too?! Regardless, looks like Mondays are going to be lots more exciting around here anyway.
1 comment:
I love your life...sigh... it seems so much more exciting then mine LOL
love the photos!!!
Post a Comment