Monday, February 18, 2008

Weekend Review




Our weekend included things like...

A HOCKEY GAME...Friday night Keith and Max went to a Vancouver Giants hockey game. One of the guys (Nelson) that works with Keith was going to the game with his wife (Alice). They had a couple of extra tickets and wondered if my boys would like to go along. Alice is like a surrogate grandma to Max and I think everyone had a great time.

MOVIES...We rented two movies this weekend.
I totally loved "No Reservations" starring Catherine Zeta-Jones, Aaron Eckhart and Abigail Breslin (Little Miss Sunshine). Lately I have been having a really hard time watching chick flicks. I'm bored by them if you can believe it. But for some odd reason, I totally loved this movie. Highly recommend it!
The other movie we watched was "Lake Placid 2". Ok...all I can say is DO NOT waste the time of day on it! My goodness....words can't describe how terribly bad this movie is. The only reason we rented it was because "Lake Placid 1" was the first movie Keith and I ever went to together just after we started dating. (I did not like the movie then...all about scary crocodiles!) The second movie is even worse than the first one. Dumb plot....and the acting.....TERRIBLE! Spare yourself the pain and agony!

SOME PRETTY AWESOME WEATHER...Saturday afternoon the weather started clearing up. Sunday was gorgeous! We spent some time outdoors enjoying the fresh air and sunshine....went for a walk/bike ride, Max got out the jeep and ripped around on the driveway, found some snails and played hockey. That game came to an abrupt halt though because hubby wound up to make a big slapshot. Unfortunately, his stick broke and went flying through Max's bedroom window. Talk about a piece of bad luck! Our house looked a bit ghetto with the cardboard and duct tape patching up the front window. Thankfully not for long. A glass repair company came out at noon today and replaced the window. All is good in the hood!

NASCAR...Lastly, we can't forget to mention the Daytona 500 race on Sunday afternoon. My boys were pretty into it...cheering like crazy for Dale E. Jr. to win...especially during the last 10 laps. It was a pretty good race and as for Jr..he came in 9th. Oh well, there's always next week!

2 comments:

jenn said...

sounds like our day...hockey..nascar! lol ;)

Anonymous said...

oh my a broken window!!