Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Procrastination of the nation!






Hello. I'm back.
Major procrastinator --> that would be me.
The longer I go without posting a blog entry....the easier it is to keep putting it off. And so by the time I sit down to actually type something, I can't remember anything exciting. So this might end up a bit boring...but at least it's a start again.

* Last week my friend Nancy "WOWser" (which is what the Maxter calls her) graced us with her lovely presence. We so enjoyed having her here! It's always good to catch up with the latest and greatest happenings in my friends lives. The internet, email and phone are all great tools to keep connected...but there's something about a face-to-face chat over a cup of coffee or tea that makes it way better. So we really did not do that much. I feel so bad about that but Nancy kept assuring me that she wanted to just hang out and didn't feel the need to run around everywhere soooooooo...that's what we did. Last Friday we did end up going to Bellingham to do some cross-border shopping. It was actually our second attempt. We initially headed out on Thursday afternoon after picking up Max at preschool. But got stuck in traffic. As in....the not moving/completely stuck kind of traffic. So after spending an hour+ of getting nowhere, we turned around and went back home. Just not worth it. (Later that night on the news we saw that the traffic got even worse...apparently two people were struck and killed when they tried running across HWY 1 out by Abbotsford so that hwy was just a disaster all evening/night.) Friday morning was much better. When we got to the border, the Customs Officer was so nice. He said to us "Well good morning ladies. Where are we shopping today?!" It must have been pretty obvious what our intentions were. We only were there for a couple of hours before heading back but I had pretty good luck. Got a cute little black and white skirt and a black top at Target for the summer. And I also came home with two pairs of shoes. Love me my shoes!

* Sunday afternoon the "card making" bug bit me and I churned out a whole wack of cards. I'm still adding a few finishing touches to them but I think I made over 30 - that should keep me supplied for a while.

* Yesterday was a playdate date with Max's two best friends from preschool - Jack and Nuala. The three of them were in the same preschool class last year as well. Although for some reason I don't think the three of them played so much together then. This year, they are like a little gang. They play together EVERY preschool day. So cute to watch them interact together. We (the mom's) overheard the cutest thing... Max and Jack were having a slight disagreement and voices were getting raised in a hurry. All of a sudden we heard Nuala pipe up with "ok guys! Everybody calm down and relax!" Even though we were in a different room we were able to overhear it and needless to say we sure got the giggles! That's one of the great things I love about preschool...how they learn to resolve arguments and disagreements amongst themselves.

* My house is in total disarray. The carpet cleaners were here this morning to clean the upstairs carpets and also the steps going down to the basement. I decided to leave the basement carpets for another time. After all, we need some place to hang out while the upstairs ones are drying. My kitchen is full of living room furniture as well as some pieces from Max's bedroom. Max is seriously impressed with the "triangle" pattern that the technicians left in our carpet as they were cleaning. I think you can see it in the "empty" living room photo. So as I was saying - the house is in a bit of an uproar. I think it's a great excuse to go out for dinner tonight!

* Valentines Day is coming up in a hurry. Max and I are planning to bake some valentines cookies tomorrow and we also have to make rice krispie squares for his preschool party. He is so excited about Valentines day and even more about Easter. We were at Walmart picking up a few things the other day and happened by the Easter stuff (already). Well....he was just over the moon, looking at it all. I even picked up a few things without him noticing....a large Lightning McQueen tin sand-type pail, some card games (crazy eights, old maid, go fish) as well as a magic bubble wand and a few little things like that. Perfect things to fill the Easter basket up with!

Just dropped the little man off at pre-school. I'm sitting here sipping my absolute all-time favourite coffee from Starbucks - a grande Verona. Now I'd best send some emails to all those who've been patiently waiting for a reply.

Tootle-oo!

3 comments:

jenn said...

Your blog is NEVER boring...NEVER. What may seem trival to you is awesome to us! Just blog about the every day ...love it!!! love you!! ;)

jenn said...

p.s. love the cards LOVE THEM

Mo said...

Look at that stack of gorgeous cards!!! I'm in awe and a little envious of your talent!