Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I can't believe I'm posting this in February.

It's February. Yippy Skippy! Doing a bit of a happy dance here....we're another winter month down and another month closer to spring. :-)

Meanwhile. I have never posted anything about this past Christmas 2011.  And by this point I really  want to skip it all as it seems so long ago. And I probably would. Except, in the back of my mind, lurks the thought: what if I would just happen to delete all my Christmas photos by mistake? Nooooot that I'm planning for that to happen. But I didn't really plan on (accidentally) deleting my Christmas 2010 photos either. True story. Just a little bit thankful I have a few on here that I can look back on. :)

So here goes. Christmas 2011 in a nutshell - a rambling mix of everything and anything.
Walking home from school on Dec 23rd on the secret path. Normally we can't take this route in the winter. The snow would be up to Max's nose in deepness. This year, snow is not an issue.
Sweet little birdie ornament made at school.

Working on some Christmas crafts. I haven't scrapbooked in years, but my stash is slightly dwindling thanks to a boy who loves working the paper slicer.


Sugar cookies. Yum! We whipped up a little batch on the 24th.

Little tiny bit of snow. The Maxter outside taking shots.

A late lunch/early dinner of pancakes and sausages was followed up with my boys doing dishes. A beautiful sight. :-)


One gift gets to be opened on Christmas eve. It had been sitting under the tree for weeks. See that little green bell? It jingles at the slightest touch. I always knew when Max was trying to sneak a peek at the present, the little bell gave him away.  He was very excited about his new super warm pjs and slippers to wear that night.

The littlest wiseman at the Christmas eve service at church at 7:30pm.

The church service was followed by a little pop-in visit at the Gerbers. Lots of yummy-yums to nibble on as usual.

Hanging out with some very special loved ones.

Lest you think a family photo always turns out this nice? It's a fluke. The next photo shows what typically goes one...

Ah yes. That's more like it.
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.
Christmas morning. Oh the excitement and fun! 8:00am is a decent wakeup time...as long as coffee is involved.

We were having a bit of fun here. What are the chances that we knew what we were getting from each other? Pretty good I'd say. :-)
Someone was surprised with his gift...

Both him and his daddy were ear-to-ear smiles after it was opened.

Around noon we headed back to my parents for lunch. We found ourselves caught in a bit of a traffic jam. Linwood style.

A little ill-placed sunflare in a Christmas day photo never hurt anyone.  This warm, balmy, sunshiney Christmas day was just my style.

Christmas Day lunch.....salads, my mama's delicious homemade pizza, LeeAnne's pecan tarts and my bavarian apple torte. Mmmmmm!

A couple of us may have gotten new phones for Christmas. It turned into a bit of a joke around the table. Even my dad got into texting at the dinner table. ha ha! Kidding. It was all for the sake of a photo op. ;-)

It was suggested that perhaps we'll have to have a "phone-check". (similar to a coat check) Everyone will be required to leave their phone on the silver tray by the front door upon arrival and able to collect it upon departure. ;-)

I thought my mama's tree was so pretty. 

While some people napped all afternoon...others played games. Max and Vanessa played bop-it. (so fun!)

Mom and I got suckered into playing Settlers of Catan with Heather and Keith. A wasted hour of our lives that we wish we could get back. LOL! This was the deal. Mom and I have never played. Heather and Keith have. And are sooooo intense and competative about it. They didn't like explaining rules and figured we should just know things. You can just about imagine how it went. Let's put it this way....I love my sweet hubby dearly. But I'd much rather wash dishes. Or dig worms. Or get a root canal done at the dentist. Anything but play that game again. haha!  ;-)

We celebrated Christmas with all the Gerbers on Dec. 26.

I love little boys! :-)

In the afternoon we rented the ice at the Wellesley arena. Half the ice was used for hockey. The other half of the ice was used by the little kiddos and the mama's.

Picking teams and nailing down the rules.

Still can't believe the papa bear was playing. On skates. He just can't give it up!



Presents from grandpa & grandma is always the best part.

We celebrated Christmas with Keith's family over New Years. There was lots of good food as usual, some skating, checking out Uncle Jonnie's (dead) wolves ( I will spare you the photos of them. And yes, you're welcome.) and a fun two-horse open sleigh ride.

Some of the people on the sleigh ride chose to tussle in the snow.

Some of us chose not to!

And that concludes Christmas 2011.

1 comment:

Pauser said...

You've captured great moments Patti! The boys are all getting soo big. The phones..love it!