Wednesday, December 21, 2011

little photo project {december 10}


The NAC Christmas party was in Milton this year. I did something I have never done before...went shopping the morning of the party looking for something to wear. Talk about last minute. And what a disaster. It's one thing for guys to do that....how hard is it to find a dress shirt and tie? Not very. But a woman? I don't recommend. I came home with two options, both of which I disliked and wasn't crazy about. Such is life. We left Max in the super capable hands of our wonderful babysitter and headed out to the party. The highlight for me was being able to see my dear friend Hindt. She and her husband flew in from BC for the party. It's been two years since we've seen each other in person and it was awesome to see her again.  We first met about 5 years ago at a NAC Christmas party in North Van. She had just emigrated to Canada with her husband and family from Iraq and could barely speak english. I think all she knew was "hello" and "thankyou". Her husband translated for her/us all night. She has just done amazing with learning english. She takes courses all the time. She still thinks her english is not very good, but she doesn't give herself enough credit. It's awesome and we can easily converse back and forth and don't need her hubby to translate at all anymore.  :-)

No comments: