This past weekend, my brother Jon and his family were visiting. Sunday the whole family got together for lunch at my parents place. And can you imagine it...I was giving the kiddos rides with the lawn mower and wagon. Yes. Me! Fun times!!

Wyatt wanted to drive the lawn tractor himself!

Ohhhhhhh the bribes... just to score this photo below.


Actually, all it took was the promise that they could climb on the swather afterwards. I think I scored the better bargain this time.



Aunt LeeAnne lead them down the merry path of raspberry picking. They were lucky to find about two each. The raspberries are def. over with.

Some quiet time with grandma under the apple tree...





On Monday this week, Max and I were gardeners. Bean pickers to be precise. At my mom's patch. We enlisted the help of Heather and Vanessa and picked all the beans in my mom's patch.


The picking was plentiful. And well worth our aching backs. I was rewarded with a wagon ride this time around. Rewarded? Hardly the word I would use to describe the bumpy ride. I think the wagon rides are more fun when you're a child.

We picked many kinds of beans...green, purple and a few different types of yellows.

This is the part I much prefer. Snipping/snapping/cutting/schnibbling off the ends. I daresay at this point we were singing at the top of our lungs to a Shania Twain CD...

Kaitlin and Wyatt walked in and happened to hear and witness it all. Oh boy! Good times....good times....

Now the Maxter knows just how to entice his grandpa into playing with him. He found grandpa's hockey game. This one is antique. Well maybe not antique but for sure retro. I think dad received this for Christmas as a youngster and it has somehow survived to this day. Dad came by the house late one afternoon for a coffee break and when he saw that Max had the game out, his eyes lit up and it didn't take ANY convincing for a quick game... or three.







Who do you think had more fun...Grandpa or Max???!




This morning, Max enjoyed a playdate with his cousin Kyle. :-)

They're at this age and stage... ;-)

And I think this is as far as I'm going to get with posting tonight. I have plenty more to share...including a lunch date at the park with our friend Janice and a day spent at Doon Heritage Village. They will keep for another day though.
Good night and Happy Civic Holiday weekend to my Ontario friends and Happy BC Day weekend to my BC friends! Enjoy and Relax :-)
1 comment:
You have handsome boys in your family! Wyatt is soo adorable.
This summer has been so incredible. I'm loving being outside and enjoying this amazing weather.
Post a Comment