Friday, March 6, 2009

Thursdays


Thursdays are our crazy-busy day around here.

At 9:15am we are heading out the door for skating lessons followed immediately by storytime at the library.

Then we usually have lunch with friends - we take turns going to each others place.

By 11:45 we need to be packed up and heading over to school so that we're there for 11:55 start time. (Isn't that a crazy time to start afternoon kindergarten? I'm still not used to it...it's such a bizarre time.)

While Max is at school I'm dashing around doing errands or else meeting friends for coffee or going to appointments or that type of thing.

Back at school for 2:30 pickup of Max.

From there we whiz over to swimming lessons at 3:00. We usually make it with about a minute to spare before lessons begin.

And swimming we head home and get there around 4:10 and are good and ready to stay home for the rest of the day. :-)

Today we changed up that routine. Instead of getting together with Christine and her kids for lunch before kindergarten started, they came over for dinner tonight. Both of our hubbies are working out of town this week so we decided to get together tonight instead. Nothing too exotic - grilled cheese and soup with some fruit and veggies and St. Patricks Day mini cupcakes for dessert. It was nice.

Tommorow is a staff appreciation dinner for all the staff and teachers at Max's school. I need to drop off ceasar salad at the school tomorrow morning for that. Max has kindergarten in the afternoon and we can't miss it because it's his turn to be the VIP (which means he gets to be the first one in line, do the weather, use the special pointer to count the calendar days and a bunch of fun things like that.) After school, Max and I are planning to hop into Keith's truck (I always feel like that thing drives me instead of the other way around!) and drive over to Vancouver. We'll meet up with Keith there. There is a big Outdoor Show going on in Abbotsford this weekend that we're going to with some friends and Max is already talking about and looking forward to swimming in the hotel pool. Not sure if we're going to come back Saturday night or Sunday? We might stay an extra day and visit our old church. We'll play it by ear.

And finally, an update on my teeth situation. Nothing has been done yet. I cancelled my appointment (to get a bridge put in) for this past Tuesday as I just wasn't that happy/comfortable with the dentist I had been too. I've had a lot of work done on my mouth in the past. It's a gold mine for dentists...and a money pit for my poor hubby. Anyway, I'm a person who tends to trust my instincts and gut reactions. And I just didn't really feel comfortable with this dentist - I was getting more nervous as each day went by. Long story short, I found out about an oral surgeon in town that was highly recommended and I asked for a referral. I met with the surgeon yesterday afternoon. Interestingly enough, all the options that I was given by the other dentist, turns out are not options unless I want to invite more problems down the road (no thanks.) So it looks like I'm going to be getting an implant now. Sometime within the next 2 months or so. Depends when they can get me in. And in the meantime, I just have to live with the situation. Eating has definately lost it's appeal. I can think of a million other things I'd rather do. And let me just say, how important it is to get a second opinion...or a third in my situation. First dentist said nothing was wrong. Second dentist found something wrong. Gave me two options and totally ruled out other options. Third dentist (oral surgeon) ruled out the options given to me by the second dentist and gave me my options which were the ones that had been ruled out. Crazy, huh? Stay tuned...I'm sure I'll have more updates as this saga develops.

Catch ya later, my friends.

1 comment:

jenn said...

that is the wierdest time to start afternoon kindergarten?? Your days sound like mine..busy lol

miss you
xo