Tuesday, December 16, 2008

LeeAnne's Visit













Aunt LeeAnne was put to work shovelling the driveway when she was here visiting. :-) It was not me who put her up to the task. See that little shadow in the second photo? He was indeed her little shadow. Max loves his Aunt LeeAnne and vice versa. He has her twisted around his little finger. With all the snow that got dumped on us in the past few days, there was an eager little boy who wanted to play outside all the time. And his auntie indulged him. They had quite the adventures which included shovelling the driveway, sledding down the hill at the end of our street and playing fox and rabbit in the back yard. Where was I during all the commotion? Indoors. Safely away from anything cold, white and fluffy. I was the official hot chocolate maker for those two crazy snowy outdoorsy persons! :-)

Saturday night Keith and I had a work Christmas party to go to for the Kelowna office that he works out of. When I saw what the weather was doing on Saturday morning, I immediately started coming up with a Plan B for what I was wearing to the party. There was no way I was dressing up to go out in the snow. I ended up wearing "warm clothes" and boots. It was a nice dinner but my oh my, it involved a two hour bus ride to get to the Inn where the dinner was being held. There was a bus that drove everyone there. But still. Two hours on a bus there and back. That's 4 hours of bus time in less than ideal weather conditions. Chalk it up to an adventure I suppose!

Other then that, we stayed indoors and hung out by the fire, played a rousing game of Jr. Monopoly (Or Ponopoly as Max likes to call it), made some christmas crafts together - see those beautiful "stained glass" Christmas trees and snowman on the window? That was the three of us working our crafty magic! :-), watched some Christmas movies, ate some yummy food, did a bit of shopping at the one and only mall here, watched Max and Aunt LeeAnne play soccer downstairs (Keith was the "Voluntator" as deemed by Max - I think it's a mix of commentator and volunteer...he comes up with quite the words sometimes!) and we all seemed to like talking non-stop. It was a fun weekend. And over way too fast. When are you coming back out here Aunt LeeAnne? We miss you already!!! As Max told you - there's a house for sale a couple doors down that you could buy! :-) Wouldn't that be fun?! HA!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun!! Max must have been sooo excited to have LeeAnne visit! Love those snow pictures. Your place looks so beautiful Patti!

Nancy

Anonymous said...

Oh my what a good looking hot cholocolate you make! Guess what???!!! We have snow too, jsut in time for a flight delays, haha! Looks like you had a great visit! Have a wonderful holiday1