Sunday, December 21, 2008

A glimpse of our (snowy and cold) world








So while Keith and Max are outdoors playing road hockey with the neighbours, I'm indoors nice and warm and as snug-as-a-bug-in-a-rug. Doing fabulously exciting things like taking photo's of myself reflecting in Christmas ornaments. Oh yeah! I'm having waaaaaay more fun than those crazy hockey playing boys!

On Friday, I picked Max up at school at noon and then the two of us went out for a lunch date at Montana's before finishing up last minute Christmas shopping errands. I took a few random photo's as I was driving back home. The pics aren't the greatest. How can they be, when I'm supposed to be minding my business and focusing 100% on driving?! But they give you a bit of an idea of what "our world" is like. Road maintenance is very minimal here. No salting or sanding. It makes for S-L-O-W going. And it's pretty much all "up" to get to our place. With beautiful views of the vineyards, orchards and lake as we go along. Some day I'll take some proper pictures. When it's warm. It's way to freezing cold for that right now.

And that last pic was taken today...my boys hard at work shoveling the snow off the driveway! :-)

2 comments:

jenn said...

hehe you love the snow ;) LOL NOT. Its brutal here right now too :( Stay warm friend!

Anonymous said...

Hey, that pic with you in the ornament is SOOO cool!! I love it!!!!
xoxo
Legs