





Today was someone's day to be the special VIP in his kindergarten class. We had to make up a poster of things that were special to him so that he could present it to the class. And apparently because he was the VIP, he also got to be the "weather man" in class today. But unfortunately any details pertaining to that job have not been shared. Hopefully we'll hear more about it over the next few days.
We had a nice little birthday evening here with Keith. Didn't even consider going out to eat. With all the travelling that we've been doing over the past few months we're more than ready just to stay home and eat "normal" food. Although that being said, I did cheat a bit and bought his birthday cake. Baking is not really my thing... I can do it just fine, but to have a whole cake sitting around here, well it will last forever. Save-On-Foods makes the most awesome Tuxedo Truffle Mousse cake. And you can buy it different sizes with the smallest serving 4. Which is just perfect for our little family. And it's DELISH! Better than anything I could bake. Just ask my brother Jon and his wife Sheila...the first time they were out here visiting we had it for a birthday (probably Keith's!) and they LOVED it! So the next year when they were here visiting I made sure to order another one for them to enjoy while they were here.
And so what do you get the guy who's only item on his birthday wish list FAR exceeds the budget? (He told me to get him a 4-wheeler. yeah right. Told you it exceeds the budget.) I got him an ipod. Which is exactly the same thing I got him last year for his birthday. Whoa. Back up, right? Why in the world does he need 2 ipods? Well because his silly scatterbrained wife was doing laundry a few weeks ago. And she forgot to check pockets. She washed his IPOD. Oh it's clean. Sparkling clean. And deader than a doornail. Thus, the perfect solution for his birthday gift. He was pleased to see the replacement at least! Now that's a lesson learned that I won't forget in a hurry. I hope.
4 comments:
I washed Robert's cell phone!! Stupid pockets!! :-) Looks like Keith had a great birthday!
Steph :-)
Oh Patti... you make me smile everyday! Happy Birthday Keith, we miss you guys!
You're not the only one to wash ipods. My friend washed her son's, so she lent hers to him and sure enough...it got washed too! Good Grief!
Happy Birthday Keith!
Love the IPOD photo.
Post a Comment