Sunday, September 14, 2008

Camping Vacation 2008 (Misc)















This is the last of all the photo's. I promise. And it's just a bunch of misc photo's that I wanted to include but they didn't really go with the rest of the vacation posts.

We saw beautiful scenery...from snow capped volcanic mountains to the wild rugged coastline. I couldn't resist snapping some signage pictures. Such as the one of Max sitting on the drift wood by the "parking" sign. Or how about the store that is advertising "organic firewood". Really??? Now that's funny! I wonder if people take them seriously? And who knew that there is a "Gerber Tires" in Oregon? Not I, until now. And finally the "do not enter" sign... my naughty boys slipped behind it for a quick little photo op. tsk. tsk.

Aren't those pink flowers gorgeous? You can barely see Max peeking around the side of them. Speaking of Max - he is a great little camper. This year he is all about helping crank down the tent trailer when we are packing up. He does a good job with it too. Good for making his little muscles strong! And finally...have you met Daisy? Daisy is his little puppy dog who goes everywhere with him - as shown in the last three photo's.

The Washington State and Oregon State Parks are absolutely fantastic. They are beautiful, the facilities are clean and for $16.00/$20.00 a night you just can't go wrong. Oregon has a Junior Ranger program that they operate in the various parks and one night we happened to stay at a park where they were having a little meeting. It's for 6 - 12 year old kids. Because it was during the week (now that school is back in session) there was only Max and another 4 year old. The ranger did the program with them anyway even if they were a bit young. He had a blast. And is very proud of his Junior Ranger badge that you'll see buttoned on his jacket.

So in a nutshell that was our vacation. Bet you almost feel like you were there with us after seeing the photo's! :-) I can't thank my sweet honey enough for taking us on such a fantastic family vacation - we had so much fun...eating delish food outdoors....having a cozy campfire every night (his marshmallow roasting skills are stellar!), starting off each day with latte's from the espresso huts we'd drive by and spending time together just the three of us. It was awesome! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I soooooo wish I was there with you guys! My heart is crying out to camping with you when I look at these!!! SOO MUCH FUN I'm sure it was. Good memories, eh?!! Gotta love it!

Legs