Monday, June 27, 2011

The Wellesley Hillbillies

Well. We got the Gerbers moved on Saturday. All thanks to four strapping-young-men in the family - Jonathan, Chad, Jesse and Keith. They got 'er done.

There was a gameplan of how this was supposed to go down. Pickup trucks. A trailer. Etc. But the four of them put their heads together on Friday night and came up with their own solution. This was how the move went down...hillbilly style!
Seriously.
A haybale rackwagon. Yup. Complete with straw on the bottom. Everything arrived in one piece. With no extra dints or scratches and the loading and unloading went off without a hitch. Can we predict a new upcoming trend in local moving solutions? Something you might want to consider! LOL!

It was a big day. This is towards the end of it when we were taking a break for dinner...

I think most of the photos we took are on LeeAnne's camera. I will have to get my hands on it and download her pics sometime this week. And now you must excuse me....I have my own house to attend to and it needs some love and attention after a week of neglect.
Above is a favourite image of mine from the move. While helping to pack, my mom and I came across some of my little dresses that I used to wear (she sewed them) stashed in her cedar chest. I took a few pics of them hanging out on her washline. I remember wearing some of them. Especially that little red and white dress in the middle...I loved that dress. :-)

P.S. Anyone need some doll clothes? They'd be good for that!

No comments: