Friday, June 17, 2011

The end of May...

I'm pretty sure that the past couple of months have been the busiest that we've experienced since moving back here to Ontario. The weeks and weekends are all kind of blurring together as we hop from one thing to another. Which I know is pretty typical in regards to the pace of life here. Last year we weren't caught up in the rat race yet. This year - different story. My blog upates were rather sparse there for a while. I'm hoping to catch up in the next little bit. There might be alot of stuff crammed into one post. You've been warned! ;-)

Last weekend in May.... lots going on. Two of our little nephews stayed with us and Max's piano recital kicked off the weekend. I think I blogged a bit about the recital already. We have a ditch that runs along the back of our property and in the spring it's filled with water. Saturday the boys spent a good portion of the day playing "catch & release" with toads...



It was also the day of garage sales in New Hamburg. Keith bravely took the three of them on a walk around the neighbourhood. They each came back with a treasure....my favourite was the pink dinosaur stuffie that Tanner picked out. I'm sure his parents were impressed to find out it was going home with them!

Miss Vanessa turned 16 on May 30th. Sunday morning Heather, Vanessa and I went to LeeAnne's house before church for birthday breakfast...


Great candles, eh? Found in the clearance section at Old Navy a few days earlier. And no, I wasn't even looking for them!

We all managed to get to LeeAnne's in good time that morning so there was time for some photos outside before traipsing off to church.




After church, we all went back to my parents for a birthday party bbq. As usual, I was snap-happy...




Vanessa was surrounded with lots of "little friends" when it was cake time...

Does your family do this....hide a candle at the back of the cake? So hopefully the birthday person doesn't remember/notice and when they blow out the candles there's one left...."you have one boyfriend, nah-nah nah-nah nah-nah!"


Later in the afternoon, I had a few minutes to get some shots of my newest little nephew. Aren't babies just the sweetest?


So very very soon, my parents will be moving off the farm. My mom had been cleaning out the attic a week earlier and came across this big box of all our childhood stuffies... She decided that Vanessa's birthday was the opportune time for everyone to revisit their childhood, take the ones they wanted and the rest could then be "retired".

Lots of memories were brought back for sure. And I have to say....we've come a long way....there were some pretty ugly stuffies back in the day!!

Keith is holding my stuffies. Notice a theme? Pink. Hot pink. That was the colour of my bedroom...hot pink and white floral wallpaper, hot pink and white shag carpet, hot pink and white quilt, hot pink and white stuffies....oh yes....For a while there, EVERYTHING was hot pink and white in my world whether I wanted it to be or not!

And here we are with all of them. Unfortunately Jesse couldn't make it until later that night so he missed out on the group shot.

The little boys had fun refilling the stuffie box for us after it was all over with.

A watermelon picnic on the front lawn can cure any little boys "too much weekend" blues...which was what Max was suffering from by this point.

One last hug and cuddle with my childhood friends.  ;-)

After this, Keith, Max and I raced back to our house just in time to welcome Gerry for dinner. He was in town and able to spend the evening with us. Keith's parents were also around for the weekend so on Saturday night we were all up at Keith's grandma's house having a great visit and having good laughs helping the kids play "hide and seek". I know there was other stuff going on this weekend as well....I think we snuck in a birthday party for Max to attend and we had Jon & Sheila over for dinner Saturday evening and... full of stuff like that. :-)

As for today...it's Friday and the weekend is here. Keith arrived back home at 2:00 this morning. He's at a golf tournament today and will be home late tonight. I've been doing fun stuff like laundry and cleaning and flower planters and errands and groceries. Shortly Max and I are going to head over to the Gerber's for some quality farm time. It's another busy weekend for sure! Have a good one and enjoy Father's Day....make is special for all those great dads out there! :-)

1 comment:

Pauser said...

Happy Birthday to Vanessa!! You sisters look gorgeous!