Mexico was AWESOME!!

May 20th brought our 11th wedding anniversary. About a month earlier, Keith somehow managed to convince me that we should go away...just the two of us. For more than a night or two. And so I spent a few late nights researching online, found us a deal, booked it and then almost immediately afterwards started feeling not so great about leaving the Maxter behind. But it was all booked. And that was that. LOL!
Here we are in the Toronto airport that morning waiting for our flight. A smile on my face. What you can't see is my twisty knotty stomach. But before you think I was all mopey on our vacation get-away, let me assure you that was not the case. Once we were up in the air...and then arriving at the resort...the twisty-worried-knottiness in my stomach had dissipated. We called Max after getting checked in at our resort. He was so happy and excited. We talked to him for about a minute and then he said "Can I go now?" And that was how all our phone calls went. He'd be excited to chat with us for about a minute but then he wanted to get going. Obviously he was having a great time at G&G Gerber's and with Aunt LeeAnne (THANKYOU SO MUCH for tag-teaming and taking care of our little man!) and we were having a great time so it turned out to be a win-win all the way around.
So our little vacay. We stayed at the Barcelo Maya Beach in the Riviera Maya, Mexico for 5 nights. Neither of us had ever been to Mexico so it was a first. And actually, we've never really done the resort thing either so it was also a first for us. We've always been a bit worried that we would get bored staying at a resort the entire vacation which is why we've never gone that route before. We loved it!! I think it's safe to say that we'll doing that again sometime!!

The Barcelo Resort is comprised of 5 different resorts on the same property. It's HUGE. But we never felt like it was that big and probably because we mainly stuck to our specific resort - the Maya Beach.


We are beach loving people. Not so much pool loving people. And the beach here was gorgeous. This particular resort apparently has one of the best beachfronts in the area. Which was one of our main deciding factors when we booked. Nice soft white powdery sand. Ahhhhh......When I took the photo below, I was standing at the very far end of the resort. As far as your eye can see....that is only half the resort. It keeps going around that cresent on the right. See what I mean when I say that the resort is huge?!

Lots of pools...

Hammocks? YES PLEASE!

We spent about 100% of our days right here on the beach. Pick a palm tree. Pick your chairs. And you're set for the day. Temps were HOT. 37 degrees plus humidity. Our thick Canadian winterized blood had to thin super fast in those temps. There was always a good strong wind blowing at the beach though so you never felt like it was as hot as it actually was.


And here we are, just before heading out for dinner one evening. Our room was on the ground level, so we had a nice little patio with lots of lush tropical trees and plants to enjoy. And yes...that's about as dressy as we ever got. On vacation, we like things nice and casual. Before we left, we already decided not to do any a la carte restaurants...Keith would have had to pack long pants and closed toe shoes for that. UGH. Forget it. The buffet restauants were perfect...I could dress up a bit if I wanted, but not really much and we were good to go! :-)

1 comment:
Looks FABULOUS!!!!!!
Post a Comment