Thursday, January 28, 2010

On a (snowy, blustery, stormy ) day like today....

It's a good thing that today is the first day of downtime for me after an extremely hectic past couple of weeks. Because on a day like today I would be cancelling absolutely everything and staying put. Rather glad I didn't have to pick up the phone and start doing that.

On a day like today....

I make a full pot of coffee first thing...
(And indulge all day long. What did I ever do without my insulated coffee pot?)


I try not to stare outside too much... 
(Personally, I think Mother Nature is being a bit too show-offish today.)


I choose a book to read from the unread stack...
(I went with the Beverly Lewis book. Simply because it's due back at the library in a few days and I don't want to go back on the waiting list.)


I enjoy a bowl of my favourite soup...
(Minestrone)


I do my best to ignore the recycling bins rolling around in the winter storm...
(Someone really should do the responsible thing and get them back in the garage pronto. But who?)


Actually, that would be me. I had to head out and pick up at Max at school so the bins made it safely back into the garage.

And now I'm going to curl up in my big chair and read, while Max plays legos. LeeAnne is coming over for dinner in a couple of hours (what should I make?) and staying overnight. Keith is in Niagara Falls for an electrical operations meeting and will be staying down overnight. I'm vehicleless as the trailblazer is at the garage getting a safety and e-test. (We'll see how many attempts it takes to get Ontario licence plates this time around.) So even if I wanted to be out carousing in this stormy weather, I must stay put. Yeah!  :-)
(I will be back in the next few days to post some pics from the past week and a bit.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good pic on the reading - I have that set... (im)patiently waiting for book 3!!!
jk