
So while we waited and waited and waited, we amused ourselves with texting...

and colouring... (my goodness. I just realized how grownup my little maxwell looks in this picture. Yowsers!)

and taking a gazillion and ten photos of every one of us from every possible angle.

It was all very amusing. and very exciting. And finally after two hours, were were able to continue on our journey.
The weather was EXTREMELY cold while we were at Keith's parents. The next morning, the little cousins went tobogganing with their daddies on the nearby tobogganing hill. I went out for a few minutes to snap some pictures. But I didn't last long. Way to ch-ch-chilly for this girl.





The boys didn't stay out as long this year as they did the previous year. Just too cold.

Showing off some serious lego building skillz (and posing skills too, it would appear...)


After dinner, almost everyone headed over to the arena for public skating. Keith's parents live in a great spot in town - directly beside the park (and the tobogganning hill) and 1 block away from the arena/community centre. I don't have any skates and couldn't rent any there so I just took some pics as the skaters whizzed by.


Max loved pulling Kurtis around on the ice on his sled...

Love how the boys are all snuggled up to grandpa as he reads them a story on the couch. This was early in the evening while we were waiting for the farmers to finish up with their evening chores.

Funny little boys with funny little faces!

After singing Christmas Carols and ensuring that everyone had picked their own personal psalm for the upcoming year, it was present time...

Someone was excited about his very own John Deere LED flashlight. Just what every little boy wants and needs!! :-)

Plus a car mat for the little car crazy boy himself...

The next morning, we were all invited over to Jon & Sheila's for breakfast brunch. I think I take the same style photo every year....of everyone eating. Their house is very open concept so by heading halfway up their open staircase, it's super easy to get this shot.

In honour of Kyle's birthday, there was an indoor pinata. Wonder how much longer we'll be able to do this....those boys are developing alot more strength as each year passes by!

Jackpot!

Lots of games were played...


...including an infamous round of the "game of things" which shall probably go down in history thanks to my husband's warped sense of humour. ;-)

Gingerbread houses were nibbled at...

And cried over....

(I couldn't resist including this photo of my little nephew. To tell you the truth though, his crying didn't have anything to do with the gingerbread house. I think it was more about a game that his daddy and uncles were playing right beside him and him wanting to participate. Sure made for a good photo though! :-)
Toys were played with...

And snowmobile rides taken.

To end this Christmas post, I'll leave you with the requist shots of all the little boys lined up in a row. They were pretty much all Christmased out by this point. So the fact that we even got these shots, is amazing in itself! Gotta love little boys! :-)


And that concludes Christmas 2009. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment