Two days after Christmas.
This is the anniversary of the day I made my entrance into the world many, many, many moons ago.
Each year, to mark this day, we usually celebrate with more Christmas. LOL!
But not this year. As luck would have it, we had the day off from Christmas dinners. Initially Keith and I were planning to get away for a night (leaving on the 26th) to the Benmiller. However, we postponed those plans when we saw that Max wasn't feeling 100%. Didn't think it was all that fair to have my mom look after a sick little boy in the midst of all the holiday hullaballo.
Instead, my boys let me sleep in. And then when I awoke I was grandly served breakfast on a tray in bed by the two of them. They sat and watched me eat my raisin bran and drink my coffee. :-)
For lunch we ordered in pizza. Keith picked up a cake. Don't usually have a cake so this was a big deal. :-)

My sister LeeAnne dropped by just after lunch and we all headed to downtown New Hamburg. Pretty big shindig going on....the Olympic Torch was passing through. So nice that they could coordinate this for me on my birthday. :-)



Lots of people lining the streets...

The Coca-Cola float...the magic stuff that helps every Olympian achieve success and win medals!

We found a good spot to watch. Close to the designated place where the flame would be passed onto the next torchbearer. And here is the torchbearer waiting. He was fun to watch because he was SO EXCITED!!!! Can you tell?!


And here it comes....



We had an excellent view until the procession stopped so that the next torchbearer could light and go. There was a big swoop of bodyguards and police all around them...very hard to get photos.



And in a few minutes, it was all over with and they had moved on down the street. It was very exciting and I am so glad that we had the chance to see it! :-)
At some point over the Christmas holidays, one of the things I had hoped to do was a little outdoor impromptu photoshoot. Perfect time on my birthday and since LeeAnne was with us I asked her to use my camera and shoot a few in the back yard. Well things never quite go as planned...even though this was very unplanned to begin with. This is pretty typical - me checking the facial expressions of my boys...and is it any wonder?!

I love this next photo. So glad we have it because....

Right after it was taken...this is what happened...

Max was in a pushy mood and the entire time up until this point, he was trying to push us over in the snow. He caught Keith off balance and over they went! Is it wrong that I was laughing as I watched it all unfold? :-)

We then took a few more with different angles where balance wasn't required...

...and called it a day. Never. a. dull. moment.

Later that afternoon we drove over to my parents. To enjoy birthday cake. Chad had just finished the barn chores and popped in the house to say hi. We share the same birthday. :-) No matter how hard Chad tries, he can't seem to catch up to my age. Obviously over time though, I have grown to "look up to him". How can it be fair that he has all the height and I don't? Craziness.

We spent a low key evening at my parents playing rook and fast scrabble with whoever happened to be around. It wasn't the busiest or possibly the most exciting birthday, but to me it was a good one. Especially after all the busy festivities of Christmas. Perfect!

2 comments:
belated happy birthday my friend!!!
xo
p.s. I really really need to drive out and see you! lol
Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like it was a nice one!
Steph :-)
Post a Comment