Sunday, January 17, 2010

I'm smiling


A few random things that made me smile throughout this past week...

Fresh baked chocolate chip cookies. A new recipe. I just have to say, those Maust girls know what they're doing when it comes to baking! (I used the recipe from your recipe book Julie, and they disappeared in NO TIME flat!)


Winning the war on laundry. This picture doesn't show the height of madness that it was at. You'll just have to take my word for it. I actually did succeed at washing, folding and putting it all away. Just in time for Keith to come home with a suitcase full of dirty clothes! :-) 

Delighting in a flurry of snowflakes. Of the paper variety. Made by the Maxter. Every day after school he creates a few more to add to a wintery collage on the patio door. This kind of snow, I don't mind.


Feeling a hint of spring. Nothing chases away winter doldrums faster and better than a fresh bouquet of tulips...


Lego creations. Seeing his little imagination working in overdrive, busily creating little projects to be zoomed around the house.


A delightful lunch date. A dear friend + delicious food and a big cup of niiiiiice coffee = lots of laughs and great conversation. You can only feel up after a lunch like that! Thanks Janice! :-)


A not-so-early Saturday morning hockey game. 11:00am instead of the usual 8:00am game time. The three of us got to sleep in a bit longer this morning...nice little treat. Watching these little guys brings a smile to my face every single time!


Enough about me. What have you been smiling about this past week?

2 comments:

Julie said...

So glad you were able to use THE cookbook (available on-line at MySistersRecipes.com---Canadian orders contact me!). Which recipe did you use?

jenn said...

I love that pic. Let me know if you play this direction okay!
xo