Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tick tock...the countdown is on...

and the excitement level in our home is rising by the hour. A six year old sure helps to make things magical and pump up the excitement! :-)

We've been busy making lots of crafts and decorations...






Max designed and created this next craft. It was all his idea 100%. The only thing I helped with was using the glue gun to glue the popsicle sticks in place and cutting the strips of felt. Other then that, it was his show.


And so now we have a big "God" on our Christmas tree downstairs. Adorable!

We went on our annual Christmas Light Drive. Complete with hot chocolate in travel mugs for each one of us. Max was inspecting to make sure that I added marshmallows, whip cream and sprinkles in his!




This was our favourite house that we drove by...


Honourable mention goes to this front yard that had Tony Stewart's car - My Nascar loving boys!


We've been baking cookies...




Working on yet more crafts. This book has been a huge hit. Hours have been spent with these stickers...



We've been spoiled to have Aunt Heather stop by for lunch numerous times. She works close by our house and gets an hour off at lunchtime. It's a no brainer! :-)


Someone has been enjoying the snow and playing outdoors. He's enthused about making a skating rink in our back yard. Here he is "shovelling" all the snow to get ready for it. Big dreams!


We've been decorating all those cookies that we've been baking.... Here's the thing. I'm not much of a baker. I don't really enjoy it all that much and I'm not very good at it. I don't mind a project or two when it's easy and simple and fun. These little snowman cookies fit the bill!


We were pleasantly surprised on Sunday afternoon when my little sister Vanessa pulled out her violin and started playing. I had no clue! I mean I knew that she was taking strings at school...but it's only been a few months and she's doing AWESOME. I think she flabbergasted the whole family!


Even managed to get some cuddle time in with Mr. Wyatt. His little shirt says:
"All I want for Christmas is my auntie"
Well...he can have his pick! :-) We can't take the credit for buying it for him though....that goes to his auntie on the other side of the family. We'll enjoy it though!

Have a few more fun things up my sleeve to get us to Christmas Eve. I'm hoping to get one more update posted before Christmas and then I'll be taking a break over the holidays. Good night for now.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I sooooo look forward to your posts at Christmas time. Just reading what you are up to puts me in the Christmas Spirit! One of these years I'll have to get my backside in gear and do half the stuff you get to!
And what's up with Scaredy Squirrel? Asa got a book at the library about 9 weeks ago. I know because we have to keep renewing it and it's due back for the last time. Had never heard of it before and was surprised to see it here, too!