Tuesday, December 15, 2009

It'll be here before you know it....

I'm speaking about Christmas. Can you believe it? Only a week and a few days left...Jingle bells jingle bells!

It's busy around here. Friday night was the Eastern NAC Christmas party down at the Delta in Mississauga. We left in good time. Plenty of good time. But who could have foreseen the traffic jam due to an accident? Not us.  It ended up taking us 3 hours to get there. We were way late. And we only were there for about 1.5 hours before we turned around and went home. Short evening. Thankfully the drive home took less than 1 hour to get to my parents to pick up Max. That's much more like it.

Bright and early on Saturday morning we went dashing through the snow to Max's first little hockey game in New Hamburg against Woolwich. I don't know how much of a hockey mom I am, but I have to say the "cuteness" factor of these little hockey players is just too much! Here's the little Maxter in the lead. Doesn't he look like a little roly poly puppy?!


Taking the face-off...



Saturday was project day. After we got home from hockey, we went straight to work. Decking the halls. Well not really. It was more like, tearing the house apart. My very handy husband offered to overhaul our hall closet - installing shelving to make it into a storage pantry. It's very awesome and makes such good use of space now. And as if that wasn't enough, he also hung some curtains in the kitchen and dining room. It was a good day to get things done.




Aunt LeeAnne came over on Sunday night and stayed overnight. She had the day off work on Monday. I love this time of year - watching Christmas movies, sipping tea, yummy treats, playing games. 'Tis the Season!



I think I pretty much have all Christmas shopping and errands finished. Of course, a grocery shopping trip will need to be done next week. And I might have to make one more trip into town, but that's about it. Tomorrow I want to wrap all the gifts while the Maxter is hard at work in school. We have his little Christmas program at school tomorrow night. :-)

Haven't done a stitch of baking. Hopefully that will change in the next few days. It's my turn to host the Christmas tea for the Gerber cousins this year and that's on Friday night. I'd better get busy baking - at the very least, make a list and figure out what I'm going to bake.

Packages have been arriving in the mail much to Max's delight. Today he excitedly tore into a box that was waiting for him when he got home from school. Only to discover another wrapped box inside. With very express instructions on the outside of it that said "Do not open until Christmas day!" Anticipation!!


The advent calendars (chocolate and paper chain) are a huge hit around here. So simple. But such a great way to countdown.  We're starting to get into crafts in a big way. I've found some great craft ideas and websites online...I'll try to link them up in the next few days for you to check out if you're interested.

Keith came home with a turkey tonight from work. Gosh. Can you believe that I've never cooked a turkey in my entire life? My poor mother will be mortified when she reads this and discovers this hidden fact about her 30+ year old daughter. (She always cooks one for the family on the important occasions so that's my excuse!) I think Keith and I will experiment in the new year and see how it turns out. Could be interesting!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are quite the busy Mrs Claus! Great pictures!

Legs

Anonymous said...

Turkeys are so easy to bake! Easy and good meal!! Melanie didn't make one until a couple of years ago but now often makes turkey dinners throughout the year. Sometimes Food Basics have them on for $10 each, a real bargain!!!
Anita N.