

















Keith and Max worked hard at decorating a "bunny hutch" on Friday morning. Keith is a much better gingerbread house maker and decorator then I could ever dream to be. We all helped to decorate a dozen or so Easter eggs and came to the conclusion that the simplest egg kits (which don't promise all the fancy schmancy sparkly marbleized finishes) are the ones which turn out the best. And I channelled my mother, and dyed some eggs the old-fashioned way, with onion skins. They turned out an awesome variegated chocolate brown colour. My favourite! Although when I was a kid I didn't like those brown eggs my mom always insisted on making...I liked the super bright colours. Funny how that is. Friday afternoon, Max played outside with the neighbourhood kids, Keith power raked the lawn and Janice and I chatted and kept an eye on Max as he played out front. We did a bit of shopping later on in the afternoon. It was a nice relaxing day. :-)
Max is quite the little photographer. In the past few months I've been showing him how to use my camera. Janice and I wanted some photos of the two of us without one of us having to run back and forth to set the automatic timer. So Max came to the rescue. But my goodness. We couldn't stop laughing... First he stood there looking at us through the lens. Then he put the camera down and said "Mom. I need you to fold your hand like this..." And on and on. Finally he thought we were posed the way he liked. And he started clicking away so fast on the camera. Tilting it all different angles and the whole time nonstop clicking. Seriously...it was hysterical. He's like a madman with that thing and there are lots of funny funny photos with some very "creative" cropping as a result! And do you like our little ears? We found this wild "lambs ear" plant growing in the burnt out area where we were taking photo's and Max picked us each a pair of "ears" to wear for the photo's.
Saturday afternoon Max went to a birthday party at the McCurdy Bowling Lanes. Afterwards when we picked him up, we stopped by the Father Pandosy Mission. It's an old Catholic Mission consisting of log buildings that have all been restored. You can wander around checking out the buildings and lots of people get photo's taken here as well. Max loved the little tractor we found in a shed at the side of the property. It was just his size!
Janice snapped some family photo's of the Keith, Max and I on Saturday night in the burnt out area at the end of the our street. It wasn't the best time to take them as the sun/lighting was too intense but I still like how they turned out.
As I mentioned before, something is wrong with our computer. It randomly shuts down and has been acting up all weekend. I never know how long I can be on it or if I can even get on. Something to do with the power supply. So if I don't post very much on here or respond back to emails...that's why. Hopefully it's fixable and won't break the bank. :-(
3 comments:
Hey Patti
My computer was doing some weird things like that too - especially the shutting off on its own thing. We realized that it was overheating, and shutting off on its own as a safety mechanism. Randy saw that the fan was full of dust and cleaned out the bottom of the laptop. After that it worked just fine. Not sure if this is your problem...but it was a cheap fix for us! :)
Looks like lots of Fun FUN FUN. I had to help mom paint Easter eggs for the market. Not the funest.lol
H.G
(:
Nice eggs!! And nice job on the pictures Max!! You're quite Mr photo-guy!!
Love the family shots too :)
xoxo
legs
Post a Comment