Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter 2009







Easter at our house was pretty low key this year. With an interesting twist.

5:30am - I left my two sleeping boys to drive Janice to the airport.

6:30am - Returned back to the house (with two Starbucks coffee in hand) to find an excited little boy telling me that the Easter bunny had been there - he saw 5 eggs hiding. There was no way I could convince him to go back to sleep. And so the great egg hunt began. :-)

8:50am - The three of us were all dressed and heading out the door to the Easter service at church which began at 9:00am. It was a very meaningful service that wrapped up with communion.

10:30am - Headed back home after a quick stop for coffee at Starbucks.

10:40am - We are in our house, getting brunch ready, the doorbell rings and it's our friend Gerry from North Van. (This was not a surprise, we knew that he was coming over to visit for 2 days.)

12:00 Noon - We've eaten brunch and our tummies are full! (Pancakes, Hot apple topping and Canadian bacon).

12:30pm - Keith and Gerry headed down the street on their quads, ready for an afternoon of exploring the great outdoors. Max and I walked with them to the burnt out area, snapped a few photos and then they were gone and we headed back to the house to relax.

12:35pm - Max and I played games and took it easy. Later that afternoon, Max came down with the sniffles...a little head cold for him seems to be on the way.

5:00pm - Phone call from Keith. They were 20 minutes from home on the trails. They came across a truck that was stuck in the snow and had 4 passengers that were stranded. They were going to be later then planned as they were going to help them.

7:35pm - I'm starting to get a bit worried. Still no sign of the guys. It's getting dark.

7:45pm - Another phone call from Keith. They haven't been able to get the truck out. They are going to be bringing the couple's two children to our house on the quads and then going back to pickup the parents and bring them back.

8:15pm - The guys have arrived at the house with the kids - the daughter was in grade 6 and the son was in his late teens. He used a wheelchair and couldn't walk so it was a bit of a challenge to get him into our house. Everyone was cold and wet. We turned on the fireplace and got them warmed up and I popped some pizzas and chicken nuggets in the oven for them to eat. Shortly after they arrived, the parents called on their cell and said that somehow they had managed to get the truck unstuck and they were on their way. They arrived about 20 minutes later. Heard all about the adventure and had quite the laughs over it all.

9:30pm - Our rescued guests are driving down the street back to their home. Keith and Gerry fired up the bbq and started grilling steaks for dinner. Max and I ate earlier that evening before all the hullaballoo started. Easter dinner was a bit unorthodox this year.

10:00pm - G'night. We all were too tired to stay up any later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well quite the Easter-day adventure, you guys!!

I can just imagine how excited Max was to hunt the eggs!!!! I can totally identify (well, not really ANYMOREe but I remember!!)

I love those cute little easter cupcakes! so springy! did you make??

xoxo
legs

jenn said...

hey! love the pics!!! We did 'peeps' on our angel food cake too! gotta love easter peeps!

miss ya
xo
jenn