Monday, October 26, 2009

Autumn Max

The weather was pretty half decent today. After Max came home from school, I suddenly and quite unexpectedly felt the urge to reconnect with my camera. Haven't been friendly with him for a long long long time. I bribed Max with one of those little mini-chocolate bars (one. that's all it took. poor deprived child.) and he agreed to let me take some pics of him. First we headed over to the little trail that we take to school each day. A patch of overgrown weeds inhabits the area. Absolute Perfection.


 

 

We're not much into posing. He usually just does his exploring thing and I tag along and snap away hoping to get one or two keepers. There is one exception and that's this weird one-legged-stork pose that he does. He likes to stand on one leg and cross the other leg stork style. This time he upped the ante and added some complexity by hunkering closer to the ground.


I LOVE THIS PICTURE. He is a little mini-Keith. Every once in a while I catch glimpses of what Keith looked like when he was little (from the photos I've seen) and this would be it. :-)


 

Little goofball comes up with these crazy ideas all on his own!
 

And then we found ladybugs...and it was all about the ladybugs for the next little while. Someone is dreaming and scheming (as I type!) in his sleep about making a glass ladybug house for them to reside in. Shhhhudddder! Not in my hoouse please.
 






We headed behind our house into the forest to see what we could see. Lots of sticks. Leaves. And we scared a little cottontail rabbit out of his home.
 







 

No little jaunt into the autumn forest would be complete without leaves being thrown into the air...the next best thing to jumping into piles of them!
 

We arrived back to the house in time to see Keith loading up the quad. He left this afternoon. Headed for the great white north for most of the week. To do some moose (? I think it's moose?) hunting with his dad and my dad and a bunch of other men who enjoy that type of recreation. I'm quite content to stay home and enjoy my creature comforts here. We are definitely going to miss him though and look forward to his return at the end of the week.

2 comments:

Pauser said...

Absolutely love these pictures. I just love the autumn season with the many beautiful colours of leaves.

Nance

Stephanie said...

Glad you decided to blog....I've missed your posts!

Steph :-)