Monday, May 19, 2008

Holiday Weekend















The holiday weekend was less than stellar around here. Friday and Saturday Mr. Max was sick sick sick with his fever and cold and cough. We just hung out at home and didn't do anything too exciting.

Yesterday (Sunday) Max was definitely feeling much better but I could feel myself coming down with what he had (minus the fever). However, we were all feeling a bit cooped up after not doing anything for the past three days so we headed out for a little exploration and adventure in the afternoon. We checked out Shannon Falls and then the BC Museum of Mining - both located near Squamish. The museum was pretty interesting - there was lots of old rusty equipment to check out, Max tried on a 1930's miner's hat, did some panning for gold (we did find a few flakes) and then the actual tour - part of it by train. All I can say is that I'm glad my honey wasn't a miner back in the early 1900's. I would have been worrying all day that he would come home safe - definitely not an easy (or safe) job.

Instead of heading straight home, we went out to Deep Cove. Enjoyed some pizza from our favourite pizza joint and then finished up with some gelato from our favourite little gelato place. Both places are located next door to each other - how convenient?! We walked around down by the water, played at the playground and called it a day.

By the time we got home I was definitely feeling like junk. Did not have a good night of sleep and today I'm sick sick sick. Thank you my sweet little Max. LOL! I'm hoping I get over it as fast as he did.

I missed wishing a whole bunch of our siblings Happy Anniversary's in May. And today is HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESSE Day! He turns the big 22 today! So I'm going to see if I can get my scanner working and post a special post dedicated just to birthdays and anniversaries. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

jenn said...

love the photos!! i'm jealous its warm LOL its freezing here!!! I just blogged right now too...we did open the pool in the wind and rain ;) lol