Each year, we compile and come up with a list of fun stuff that we think we might like to do over the course of the summer holidays...
This year, I wrote up the entire list on our kitchen chalkboard....it'll be staring us in the face with little fun reminders all summer long. :) Some of the things listed are activities that we would be doing regardless...like swimming lessons, soccer and camping. Others are things we don't want to forget to do....like making homemade icecream and sleeping in a tent in the backyard. (I personally wouldn't mind forgetting about sleeping in a tent. ahem!) And then we've included things that we've never tried or done before....like going to a drive-in movie and making a delicious dirt cake. We all look forward to stroking things off the list once the summer gets started. :)
School report cards came home today...
Max was quite excited and confident that he had passed grade three.
I am so done with the school year. It has just seemed to drag on for forever. I can totally tell I'm slacking off....Max has been enjoying quite a few 10:00pm bedtimes on school nights...(ahhhh....it's a bit light outside still!) and lunches....hmmm...there seems to be more special treats included on a daily basis. Sandwiches? Who needs 'em?! I'm probably a teachers dream nightmare parent these days.
Three more days left.
Well. Maybe just two.
I think we might pull an "early" camping trip. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment