Thursday, April 26, 2012

must be that time of year...

...that "Mother's Day is coming"...time of year.

If you're thinking about incorporating photos into your mother's day gifts this year, there are lots of neat things out there. And great deals. Thought I'd quickly type up a post with a bunch of different ideas that I've come across in the last week. And personally, I don't think they are just for Mother's Day...they can be for any occasion including no-occasion! :-)

Please note: In no way am I affiliated with ANY of these companies. I am simply putting together a post of cool things I've found in the last little bit that incorporate one of my most favourite things.... photos!

Photo Books (they are always near and dear to my heart!)
Here is a link to a great website called: PhotoBookGirl
If you're new (or not!) to the photobook company world (there are alot of them out there), this is a great resource to check out as she has done reviews on alot of them. There is also a section for coupons and deals that is updated on a regular basis.

Magnetic Picture Puzzle
I saw this offer come through on Groupon the other day. I've seen various companies offer picture puzzles...but this is the first magnetic one that I've seen.  The offer is for a 8x10 custom magnetic photo puzzle with either 30 or 70 pieces from Heads Up Puzzles. They are offering it at half-price $19. (Reg price is $38) Go to the Groupon website (Kitchener-Waterloo) to access the deal. Neat!
(Groupon Photo)


Frame the Alphabet
Have you seen these prints before?
(Groupon photo)

I think they are super cool! When we went to Hawaii a couple of years ago, we photographed our last name. It turned into a big game for all three of us when we were out and about exploring....trying to find the letters we needed in common everyday things.

This is a groupon from a company called Frame the Alphabet. They are offering a customized frame using their images of found objects (trees, fences & signs, etc.) to spell a name or word encased in 39.5"x15.5" frame. Offered for $59 (reg price is $135). When you consider the cost of buying a matted frame to hold the number of photos you need for something like this.....this is a great deal. Of course....you can always do it on your own using photos that have special meaning to you. Either way....AWESOME!


Paper Coterie
This is a company that I've heard only good things about. I haven't ordered anything from them. Yet...  ;-) They have some different items that you can personalize with photos (beyond the calendars/photobooks, etc.) including customized growth charts (great way to document your little ones growing years without marking up walls and door frames) and memory boxes. I'm drawn to the memory boxes they offer. I've heard they are just beautiful in real life and are a great way to store pieces of artwork, special little momentos, misc photos, etc.

From now until May 4, 2012 they are offering a fantastic promotion - 60% off your entire purchase. Use the coupon code: RECOGNIZEMOM at checkout. Here's a link to their website: Paper Coterie


Persnickety Prints
Finally, there is one more company that I've very recently discovered and wanted to mention. Persnickety Prints. Fun name! :)

This past winter I ordered a couple of  enlargements (12x18) from them. The reason I ordered through them is because they offer the option of having your prints mounted on 3/16 black foamcore.
I love love love canvas prints. But lets be honest. They are pricey. And when you like to update your photos on a regular basis, like I do, it completely is out of the budget. Having prints mounted on foamcore is my cheap solution. I can prop them up where ever I want and I don't need to buy frames which can get pricey too when you're doing enlargements. Plus I like the clean/unfussy style of not using frames.  Down the road if I decide I want to frame these prints, I still can because they are thin enough to frame (with or without glass because of the protective coating they put on the photo).  I snapped a couple of photos to show how you can display photos that have been printed on foamcore as well as show you what the side/edge looks like. Cost wise...I think the enlargement was roughly around $12 and the foam core was an additional $15. Doing this on canvas would have been waaaaaaaaaaay more. So yes while I still prefer the look of a canvas better (and who doesn't?!) the cost factor wins out and makes it a no-brainer for me. I have a bunch of other foam core photos propped up in our bookcase which is a nice change from plain book case walls. I think you could do a really nice gallery wall of various size photos using foam core backed photos. (using command hook sticky tabs - without the command hooks to attach them to the wall)  Also wanted to add, when I placed my order, I was a tad nervous about what the finished product would end up being quality wise. I am thrilled and over-the-moon with my prints. AWESOME quality and everything was packaged extremely well for shipping.


Here's a link to their website: Persnickety Prints
They are an American company but offer a flat $5 shipping rate to Canada. Now that is a deal!

No comments: