THURSDAY, MARCH 15
A grey, cloudy overcast day with calls for thunderstorms. We didn't have anything officially planned for the day. As it turned out, Max just needed a quiet day to chill. I did have lots of suggestions for him of things we could go and do (reptile show/program at the St. Jacobs library/Hawaiian themed bug fest at the Butterfly Conservatory/Pottery Painting/Solar System Exhibit at The Museum/Bowling/Movie...etc.) but it seemed the more suggestions I made, the more he just wanted to hang out at home and play with his stuff. Suited me just fine. We even got some quality colouring time in together....:-)
In the afternoon we stopped by the library here in town and found a couple of movies to watch back at home. Spy Kids 2 was his favourite. A very quiet day overall. You need those occassionally.
In the evening, we did some yard cleanup work. I really like those tall ornamental grasses in my yard...but this time of year they make a huge mess all over the lawn so it was time to cut them down....
FRIDAY, MARCH 16
We picked up Aunt Vanessa and went to see a movie at the Princess Cinema - Alvin & The Chipmunks Chipwrecked. Cute. We missed seeing it the first time when it was out in the theatres. Such a bright, sunny, warm, beautiful day...almost couldn't make myself go indoors to watch a movie. But...I had two others with me who wanted to see it so you can guess who won...
SATURDAY, MARCH 17
Happy St. Patricks Day!
It started off foggy and very warm. I love foggy days! Once a year on this date, Lucky Charms enter our house....and that's it. Such a mean mom I am. ;-) Max got to eat his Lucky Charms before heading off to hockey....breakfast of champions!
In the afternoon, my sister Heather and I buzzed down to Ikea to pick up some things that she needed. We had a lovely time together...Thankyou Max for snapping this picture of us. (He took about 40 in total and this is the only one that turned out...you can only imagine what type of antics were going on with him and the camera to achieve that success rate....)
While we were Ikea-ing, Keith and Max were hard at work marble-mazing...
I give you the "Adjust-A-Maze 12000-2"...
(All that needs to done to complete it is the writing (point values, etc.) on the maze. The attached pieces are adjustable which leads to different mazes and makes a difference in the outcome of the two marbles that are racing. Cool, huh?!)
A certain little leprechaun was having a blast playing outdoors all day.
SUNDAY, MARCH 18
We went to church and then went to my parents place for lunch. In the afternoon a bunch of us decided to try running together. There is an old railway track near my parents house that isn't used anymore by trains - it's now a walking trail. Sooooo...Keith, Max, Vanessa and I set out to do some running. Some had success. Some didn't. I'll leave it at that. ;-)
Love these pics of my Maxter taking shots in the back yard. There's nothing like a fresh batch of photos taken in sequence to make me realize (yet again) how fast he's growing up. In the blink of an eye...
And that was March Break in a nutshell. Nothing too earth shattering. But we were basically busy all the time except for Thursday when we had the chillaxing day. Gotta say that it was the best March Break ever, weather wise. Couldn't be beat if you were sticking around home like we did! :-)



















1 comment:
While I was in Africa you were having this amazing weather back home!! Can't wait till it get's nice again!!
Post a Comment