Thursday, July 28, 2011

LeeAnne's Birthday Weekend

This summer is flying by faster than the speed of light. We're so busy and doing so much fun stuff. Sadly I don't seem to have any spare time to blog about it.

Friday, July 8th was my sister LeeAnne's birthday. We were camping at The Pinery Prov Park that weekend so we took her along with us and celebrated all weekend long. Friday morning, Max and I dropped off a coffee for her (on our way to VBS) and then I came back and we had breakfast together while Max was at VBS. She's quite the chick. Max and I found that princess sash at the dollar store so we decided it suits her and that she should wear it for her birthday. We also found a banner on a stick that said something to the effect of "Happy Birthday Princess" and we stuck it in her flower pots on her front porch. She did not know about it and so it stayed there for a few hours...announcing to all passerby's that she was having a birthday. We got a big laugh out of it!

For lunch, we went to my parents place to have a quick little celebration. Anna Mae's "little janes" served as her birthday cake....mmmmmmmm!!!!!

Next, we detoured over to the farm and snapped a few pics there... that old tree swing is THE BEST!




My brother Chad and his wife are taking over my parents farm. Before they move in, the house is getting extensive renovations. It has been really exciting and fun to check out the progress! This was the day that part of the house was being demolished so we got to watch that. The original farmhouse is staying and then they will be rebuilding an addition onto that. LeeAnne and Chad are posing with the original house...the "old" addition had just been removed that morning...

And so finally it was the late afternoon and time to go camping...

We even brought along a few birthday decorations to spruce up our campsite!

I have never taken pictures of sparklers at night before. Kinda fun. Def need more practice though!


So the weirdest thing happened to me. As we were driving to the campsite, I started getting sick...sorethroat, aching bones, congested. I ended up being SICK SICK SICK for most of the weekend. Saturday was the worst day and I slept through most of it. That is the most unpleasant thing...being sick in the summer...when it's blazing hot...and you're camping. Do not recommend it. LeeAnne entertained Max which really helped out. Here he was introduced to the joys of "potato sack races"...

And he also discovered a love of ice tea. Without my watchful eye on him this weekend, he consumed LARGE quantities of this stuff. See his sheepish look below...he knows that he's not supposed to have another one but is trying to pull the wool over my eyes as he opens yet another one. I think he likes it because it's not "fizzy" like most other carbonated beverages.

This was about as much energy as I could muster...

Down at the beach, someone liked getting buried in sand among other things...


We even picked up this hitch hiker and she drove all the way home with us. There are some crazy people out there nowadays!!
Other than me being sick, the weekend was good. The weather was HOT. The bugs minimal. The water warm. Mostly all good.

1 comment:

Vanessa Gerber said...

LeeAnne................no words :)