That sums it up in a nutshell.
I have do have some mother's day photos to share from the weekend....but they need a bit of fine tuning and I don't have time for that right at the moment.
So here's a few random ones for the time being...
Today I went on a field trip with Max's class to the Clay & Glass Gallery in Waterloo.

During the first hour, they sculpted clay masks. The second hour was spent visiting an exhibit. The girls seemed to be really into it. The boys...eh...not so much. Truth be told, Max was almost beside himself with boredom. You can only stare at glass birds hanging from the ceiling so long and try to come up with "deep thoughts" to impress the tour guide with, LOL! It was a stretch for even me. Ah well. The clay sculpting was fun at least.


This weekend we made a tiny little dint at our yard work. Keith replaced a couple of cedars that didn't make it through the winter. Max was the super duper helper as you can see...


(love how the forest is starting to "green" up behind our house!)

We've been spending a ton of time up at the Linwood house. And no, I haven't been painting. The last few weeks I've been the "electrician's apprentice". Which basically means I'm the gopher. But it sure helps my honey get stuff done. He's been feeding me all kinds of sweet lines about how I'm pretty much "a 4th term apprentice" by now with what I've all been doing. YEAHHHHHHHH. Whatevah. Pure flattery. Regardless, we finished it all up on Saturday evening. So nice to have that off our to-do list and not hanging over our heads anymore. Max has had more than his fair share of DS time while we've been working there. But now that we've finished...the DS has been confiscated and it's going away for a nice long vacation... :-)
One of the perks of being the "apprentice" is I can pick up my camera any old time I please (because I'm usually not the one on the ladder holding the lights) and snap away. Here's my honey installing one of the hundreds of light fixtures. Ok. So I exaggerated. A little. It seemed like that at the time. ;-)

Max didn't DS the entire time. When the weather permitted he ran around outside....blowing bubbles....


We had many a picnic lunch and/or dinner while we worked...


There are a bunch of trees in the yard that are just the right size for a seven year old to climb. And climb he does. He LOVES climbing trees. It makes me a bit nervous, truth be told. Visions of broken bones and casts dance in my head...




A new tenant has moved into the backyard. Goes by the name of Mr. Ground Hawg. His home is about 2 feet from one of the basement windows. He's not shy...actually quite neighbourly. Max inadvertantly chased him into a pile of cement blocks when he came around the corner too fast and scared him. Max and Keith had quite a time inspecting the growling grizzly holed up in the blocks.

A while later, I spied him coming out of his doorway...

Isn't he cute? Interestingly enough, Mr. & Mrs. Gerber are NOT impressed with their new tenant and want him evicted immediately. As for the three of us Jantzi's who've been watching him for weeks (actually, there are two of them - a big one and a little one) we think it's all quite hysterical! :-)
Well, this has turned into quite the lengthy post. Considering I didn't think I had much to share. Or the time to do it!
How about those CANUCKS????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOOT!!!!!!! WOOT!!!!!!
Onto round three. Looking forward to seeing what that brings...

Max has been wearing his jerseys a heck of a lot the past few weeks! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment