
We've just spent the last few weeks back east "down on the farm" visiting our families. Mr. M is quite the little farmer while he is there. Grandpa & Grandma G always have plenty going on to attract his attention - everything from the chickens to the cats to the dog to the cows to the horses to the farm implements to the John Deere riding lawn mower.
I would have to say that his most favourite thing to do was wash down the riding lawn mower using a bucket of soapy water and a squeegee. If it was a bit "too quiet" and he wasn't answering to the call of his name we knew where to find him! He worked away at this little task multiple times over the course of each day. All the warm sunshine and fresh country breezes made him a tired little boy by the time the evenings would roll around and there were no issues with getting him off to bed at night!
Now that our stint as "country mice" is over and we are back to being "city mice" we are busy with planting our flowerbeds and filling flower pots. A quick little trip yesterday afternoon to a nearby nursery yielded us some of the following plants: Sweet Basil, Lavender, A large tomato plant, Shasta Daisies (white daisies), and Rudebecka (yellow daisies). Max and I worked as a little team in getting them planted into our patio pots. Last night after Keith got home from work, Max and him did some seed planting in a new garden/flowerbed that gets lots of sunshine. Last year the flowerbed we tried using was not a good choice due to the rain washing everything out. So we're crossing our fingers that this new spot will work. So far we've got green beans, peas, radishes, carrots, spinach and lettuce all busy germinating away.
I'm off to pick up Max at preschool now. I think we'll swing by another plant place on our way home to see if we can find some more pretty flowers. Our sad planters need some sprucing up!
1 comment:
How exciting is this to finally read your blog!! I will of course announce it on my blog and link to you. Unfortunately my home interenet is down, so I have to rely on free WiFi from Panea.
I can't wait to blog YOU! My mother will be so excited, too!
Post a Comment