Thursday, July 12, 2012

The strangest thing happened a couple of weeks ago.

I was going to post a quick, little, summer update with one photo, on my blog.
But it wouldn't let me. Imagine that?!

Apparently, I've used up the maximum alottment of photo storage space for my blog. I cannot post one more photo. What a travesty!

What is a girl to do? Everything considered, (It is a free blog - I don't have to pay anything to use the templates and storage space and I've been blogging for over 5 years.) I came to the quick conclusion that I basically have a couple of choices.

I can:
1. Delete the oldest postings (3 years worth) and keep only the current couple of years. Which will free up lots of space, or
2. Pay for more "storage" space and just keep posting away.

Not so keen about that first option.  When I first started blogging, we were living in Western Canada. I started it on a whim as a easy way to keep friends and family updated on our life. But it turned into something more than that. It became a scrapbook/diary/journal of sorts, documenting our family's life.  I know there are companies who will print your blog entries into a nice hardbound journal type book. I could print them off for each year. But ehhhh....just something else to dust and store when I wouldn't really have to if it's on-line at my fingertips. And I don't want to just delete willy/nilly without having it saved somewhere as this is the only type of scrapbook/journalling I do.  So after mulling this over, I ruled out option one.

The second option of simply paying for more storage space? I thought about that one too. It would be simple and easy to do. But ehhhhh...don't really want to.

So I kept thinking about it. A lot. In the end, it seemed the perfect answer had been handed to me. Especially considering the fact that keeping up a blog was something that I've been mulling about for the last couple of years anyway. Ever since our move back to Ontari-ari-ari-oh.  Should I still keep it up now that we're back here? Somehow I could never quite walk away from it....mostly because I wanted to keep a record/scrapbook/journal of us I suppose.

But now...
Now it's the perfect time. Time for me and c'est la vie to say good-bye.
It's a good time to end. After all I can't post anymore photos. (I'm just hoping it will still let me post this entry!)

My plan right now is to keep a private blog for just our little family so we can record our history as we make it.

And you never ever know what life will throw at you... if there should ever be another wild west (or east!) adventure in the winds for the Jantzi family, a new blog might be inspired. ha ha!

Thanks for your comments over the years and sharing this little journey with me. Enjoy the summer, and God Bless!  ....Patti

3 comments:

Julie said...

Ack! seriously? I've been blogging here about as long as you but haven't gotten that notification yet. Now I'm scared! I'd still love to follow you if you are willing.

leeanne said...

Oh dearie, I'm sad :( thanks for so many enjoyable reading moments!! Love you :)

Julie said...

Patti,
I think I have lost your current e-mail address. If you can still get this message, e-mail me please!
Julia