Wednesday, November 9, 2011

it very quiet...

...and mellow around our house right now.

Keith is gone this week on business.

Max has managed to come down with the flu. He's been battling it since Saturday evening.

I'm hunkering down and playing nurse. Trying not to catch it myself. Not sure if I'm going to be successful...feeling borderline.

Does anyone else start feeling sick when your kids are sick? Kinda like sympathy illness I guess. It happens to me everytime. Sometimes it morphs into the fullblown sickness. I'm hoping it doesn't this time...

After day three, I was getting that cooped up feeling. I did get out briefly...we needed necessary things like bananas, soda crackers, applesauce and gingerale. BRAT diet anyone?

In between resting periods, Max has been quietly playing with long forgotten toys like his geo-trax...


And Magnetics...

(star gladiators)

(a welcome mat in front of his bedroom)

Imagine how tricky it is, manouvering over that "mat" in the middle of the night when his fever starts spiking and he gets the stomach flu. ;-) Very tricky indeed.

We like these sleeping moments. Tonight we're hoping and praying this will be the case all night. Poor guy. We haven't had a sleeping night in quite a while. I don't like fever. It makes me nervous. I will be very relieved when my Maxter is back to his normal self.

Now go. Quick. Take your vitamins. And a few extra. Stay healthy!!

No comments: