Tuesday, September 13, 2011

We did a couple of camping trips to The Pinery Provincial Park this summer. This particular trip was just for a few days in August. We arrived at our campsite on Sunday evening...the same Sunday when a tornado ripped through Goderich. We had a thunderstorm that Sunday night which didn't last long and other than that, the weather was great while we were there. Keith commuted back and forth to work. It was a bit of a long commute for him...good thing we were only there for a couple of nights. Max and I had lots to keep busy with at the campground, but we still looked forward to the evenings when Keith joined us.

This little monkey, love love loves climbing trees...

The waves at the beach were ginormous. We could hear this loud constant roaring noise at our campsite when we first arrived. Turns out it was the waves at the beach from the storm. Very spectacular to see. Needless to say, there were not very many braves souls venturing in the water the first day there. It was more of a "digging in the sand and building sandcastles" type of day.


The Park rents out fishing poles and tackle boxes to kids for free. Did you know that? I didn't. They don't advertise it at all. I overheard a conversation about it so we decided to see if it was true. It is. The only thing you have to buy is the bait. Mr. Max loves fishing. So the deal was, I would buy the worms if he put them on the hook and dealt with any fish that he caught. I'm totally a hands-off mom when it comes to that stuff. He agreed. And I came to see that he knows way more about fishing and fishing poles than I do. Way to go Keith for transferring your knowledge!!



We ate lots of good food...

We collected and painted some special rocks...


We indulged...

We went biking on the trails...

We spent time at the beach...
(Max loved walking across the dunes. See him? He's the speck in the middle of the photo.)

We skipped a thousand stones (or so it seemed)...

And we slept reeeeeeally good at night...
(doesn't he look relaxed and comfy? LOL!)

This brought back memories of when I was a kid. Do you remember doing this to your bike? ...making the tires spin by turning the pedals? Takes me waaaaay back!

We loved when Keith would join us at night. Good dinners. Big campfires. So fun!

The Pinery is a great spot. Our favourite spot to camp is in the Dunes. You can walk to the beach.
It's lovely!

1 comment:

Vanessa Gerber said...

wyatt ur such a cute kiddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! get er done :P