Friday, October 15, 2010

Delicious Autumn

One word...
Delicious.

 
So I wandered into Bath & Body Works this week. And saw this... Caramel Apple hand soap. I decided to take a chance. Normally I'm a vanilla-type girl through and through. The deal was 5 for $20. I bought one. I don't need 5. Their scents are always changing. I have learned to just buy one at a time. But oh my! I think I might have to go back and get another one. LOVE IT! The scent isn't overly sweet...and has hints of cinnamon. It's yummy! Almost eatable. Almost. :-)

Do you love fall? Me too!

Today I finished freezing pumpkin. It's one of the easiest-peasiest things to do.

Here's the "recipe".

You take a pumpkin.
Cut it in half.
Scoop out the guts and seeds. (Set seeds aside for roasting).
Place pumpkin in a foil lined pan and roast in the over at 325 for 1.5 hours.
It will look like this when it comes out....

Turn it over.
Scoop the soft pumpkin out and place in your blender.
Blend until it's pureed.
Place in glass canning jars. (don't fill completely - leave space at the top)
Pop into the freezer.
Done.
Now this winter you can pull out pumpkin to make yummy pumpkin chocolate chip muffins whenever the mood strikes. Or some pumpkin soup.
Mmmmmmm! :-)

Don't forget to roast the seeds. Add lots of salt! Mmmmm!

Have a great weekend! We're starting it off with hockey...Keith and Max are there right now  at a practice. Getting some quality Wyatt babysitting time in tonight :-) and celebrating my mama's birthday on Sunday. And who knows what else. Have a good one! :-)

2 comments:

jenn said...

oh love the idea of freezing the pumpkin! i'm on it! lol
thx
xo

Pauser said...

I do love fall, the colours, the scents, the fresh air and the leaves falling off the trees.